Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Remembering Why

Too often we get so caught up in our emotions we forget why we were doing what we were doing. The past week has been but an unproductive one. Fear, self-pity and general lethargy has left me in a crippling "stale" state.

Earlier today though, I did one of those things I do every now and then when I get to involved with myself -- looking up on introversion on the web. I guess it always comforts me to know that there are others out there who face similar difficulties as I do. One thing led to another, and I found myself on an Amazon product page of an introvert self-help book, and this blog:

Lynn Harrison

More specifically, the post that the link above took you.

Lynn Harrison is a introverted singer-songwriter, which is something I'd like to be, but am too scared to think about. That post drew me on to reading more of her blog, and I guess her love for songwriting got to me.

Her words reminded me of how much fulfillment I used to get from writing lyrics, though I didn't really go too far with it -- reminded me of the original reason for me wanting to learn music in the first place -- to be able to write melodies for my lyrics. I've convinced myself I sucked at songwriting so much that I've stopped writing and have forgotten about it. All I do now is music...feels incomplete somehow...

Thank you Lynn Harrison, for both inspiring me to start writing again, and for bringing me one step closer to overcoming stage fright, however distant that first day of performance may be.^^ I know it's really unlikely for you to be reading this, but it has to be said nevertheless.

By the way, I've heard some of her songs, and they always sound so wholesome and calming...here is one of her songs she performed live.


You should be able to find the studio version, along with the rest of her songs from her website you'll find in her blog. I really love this song, and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment