Saturday, November 20, 2010

Hardest Song So Far...

Still trying to learn Yiruma's Love Hurts...

It has been days and I'm still not done with the tutorial. Usually by now I'd have memorised the song and be trying to play it with minimal mistakes...but Love Hurts is taking me ages. At the beginning, I was learning/memorising 10 seconds of song per day! LOL...but things sped up a bit, till yesterday, where it slowed down drastically. Had hit hard parts in the song...

Well I know it sounds like I'm complaining but I'm really not:D It's such a nice song and unlike the others songs, I'm still not sick of it yet, despite having played and butchered it over 100 times. It's amazing how Yiruma was able to make such a beautiful song out of such simple chords...*sighs* By the way, if you have heard the song and think it's fairly simple, well...unless you have big hands or long fingers, you're gonna have to do a fair bit of stretching, not to mention jumping around the piano. Even so, it's a refreshing piece to master after having learnt mostly block chords in songs recently. If you're a beginner and want a challenge, well...knock yourself out with this:D

It's just a fascinating piece to learn and to listen:) I'll post the tutorial and the full song here soon.

Oh one other thing, in case you're wondering, Love Hurts only lasts for about 2 mins and 14 sec. Not long at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment